Sunday, April 23, 2006

Pride rock





Not only do blondes have more fun, blondes have more fun having fun. If I had woken up and said, “Cary, let’s clean the garage today,” we would have had a tremendous fight and not spoken all day. Instead, I got up and said,”Cary, let’s build a boat today.” Next thing I knew, he was fixing breakfast, directing a work crew (Parker), advising me on how to arrange my new boatbuilding shop (the room formerly known as dining), and bulldozing Kelsey’s room.

Since Kelsey has been out of the country on an exotic adventure since last August, her bedroom has become the elephants’ graveyard at our house. All of the dead elephants are Cary’s. A little birdie (what was his name in the Lion King?) told me that a certain blonde would end up revitalizing Kelsey’s habitat. That turned out to be only partially true. A certain boy blond did half the work, under the direction of the Lion King himself.

I have established my boatbuilding habitat in the dining room. We’ll just have to put all of our fancy dinner parties on hold for a while. This actually works out well because (a) I hate to cook, and (b) instead of having to build or buy sawhorses upon which to set my building jig, I can use the dining room table covered with a protective sheet of plywood. The LP of F (large piece of furniture) formerly known as a china cabinet, even though it has never held a single piece of china and is a rustic P of F from Mexico, now holds an impressive array of hand and power tools.

That little birdie also advised me to be careful not to build a ship in a bottle. Having a fondness for little birdies, I measured the front doorway and the dimensions of the finished boat. Good news: one is bigger than the other. Can you guess which?

1 Comments:

At 2:48 PM, Blogger TALL GIRL said...

you rock, girlfriend!!! And I love the last paragraph. As I was reading, I was pondering how will you get the boat out of the room formerly known as dining? So good to know the blonde has a plan... or she could start a new trend; instead of houseboats you could have a boathouse!

CAROL

 

Post a Comment

<< Home