Sunday, January 29, 2006

Underway

Operation Nutshell has begun! Today I completed step one of the model, which was to prepare a sub-base and a base upon which to build the mini-pram. I cut the wood for the base, a 5" x 15" piece of 3/4" plywood, and also cut my foot in the process when a piece of wood fell on it. As always, I was wearing open-toed shoes, aptly named because I cut my toe open. How lucky to sustain my first injury so early in the project. Surely there will be many more to come.

Next, I transferred patterns for the molds, the center frame, and the forekeel onto little pieces of sheetwood. I had planned to cut them out until I discovered that among the vast array of hand and power tools at my fingertips, the one that was absent was the very one I needed: a coping saw. It was absent because it is still at the hardware store waiting to be purchased.

Tune in tomorrow, when I procure the coping saw.

Ordinarily, I would have shown a picture of today's accomplishment, but the Non-boatbuilders pictured in an earlier post took the camera sailing with them last weekend, and it ended up going for a swim. It drowned. So until next paycheck, I must endure without a camera.

2 Comments:

At 6:42 PM, Blogger Marina said...

More power...arg arrg arg!!

 
At 10:16 PM, Blogger Schmolzanderson said...

Funny how those non boat builders are always the ones to mess you up. You keep posing.... we'll keep reading.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home